Check If Your Boss Has Filed Taxes For Your Wages

There are many ways to find out if your boss had filed taxes for your wages or not. The easy way, is to ask your boss if the tax filing has taken placed. However, you may not wish to take your boss\’s word for something that is as important as taxes. The only way to find out, for sure, is to get the information from the official source – the IRS. So how do you go about doing it?rnrnGo to the government security website, Note the extension at the end of the domain name. It has to be .gov, and not .com, .net or any other extension. If it\’s not a .gov, do not leave any sensitive information through the website. Leave the website immediately.rnrnLocate and click the link to the section on \”Questions about: Earnings and Employment\”. rnrnChoose the \”Earnings and Employment\” category, then from the drop down menu, choose: General-Earnings & Employment. rnrnNext, click on the question \”How can I check my Social Security earnings for accuracy?\”, and you will be presented with further instructions.rnrnYou may then proceed to check your Social Security Statements for last year, and for years prior to last year. When you are checking the Statement for the previous year, your earnings should be reflected in this years statement. Sometimes, while you are checking, you may discover that the earnings reflected is not complete. This may be because some of the earnings filed for the last year is still in process.rnrnHowever, earnings for years prior to the last year may also be incorrect. When that happens, you need to take corrective measures immediately. The number to call is 1-800-772-1213 (7 a.m – 7 p.m). Have your W-2 and your tax returns with you so that you can clarify the mistakes during the call.rnrnIf you do not have your most recent Social Security Statement, you can request for one online by downloading the SSA-7004 form. You can also request for the form to be sent to you by calling 1-800-772-1213. Alternatively, you may take some time off and take a trip to the local Social Security office to fill up the form. Once you submit a request for the Statement, you won\’t receive another Statement automatically till the year is over. rnrnOnce you receive your report, you will be able to check if your boss had filed taxes for your wages. Refer to W-2 for any particular year. If taxes had not been filed, you will have to provide the Social Security office with copies of the W-2 as well as copies of your tax filing.rnrnWith the Internet, making a request for the report is very fast and convenient. This will give you the opportunity to erase any inaccuracies in your previous years\’ tax filings.

This entry was posted in Taxes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *